/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, January 06, 2006

How Hard Is It To Hit Reply?

This is the latest I have received from Robert Stokely concerning the Washington Post. I don't think I could ever write as well as him about our right to free speech, and why we have it. Feel free to cross post and link to this, help keep the pressure on the Post to let Mr. Stokely be heard.

The right of free speech is a two sided right – the right to speak and the right to ignore others who wish to exercise their right of free speech, including the likes of me. I acknowledge that the Washington Post has a right to print or not print what they wish under their media exercise of the right of free speech. The Washington Post, in totally ignoring my email letter, has effectively chosen to exercise the latter form of free speech right.

Each such right of free speech is a right bought and paid for by those who are the most dedicated public servants this country has ever produced – our military service personnel, and a special price was paid for the Post’s right of free speech by those who shed their blood and gave their life to protect the freedoms and way of life our country enjoys.

Mike Stokely served to preserve the Post’s right and help the Iraqi people attain such a right, and he died doing so. While others debated, Mike Stokely served, and he did so without regret, without second thoughts, and would do it again, even if he knew the Washington Post would ignore his father’s recount of his son’s values and service.

Last, I leave this question – who among us wants Saddam released and returned to power that he enjoyed prior to the President, with Congressional Authority, sending troops to war? Please step forward and be counted, better yet, go to Lattitude 33 46’ 25” North, 82 51’ 11” West (across from Corinth Christian Church, 1635 Georgia Highway 81, Loganville Georgia 30052), and stand at the grave of my son, SGT Mike Stokely, and state “your life was wasted” and therein, you were wrong!

Thanks,

Robert Stokely
My heart is heavy, but proud of my son, SGT MICHAEL “MIKE” JAMES STOKELY, AGE 23
KILLED IN ACTION 15 MILES SOUTH / SOUTHWEST OF BAGHDAD LATTITUDE 33 04’ 44” NORTH, 44 13’ 04” EAST
2:20 A.M., 16 AUG 2005 IED
2ND PLATOON, 108TH CAVALRY, 48TH BRIGADE GEORGIA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
US ARMY, OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

Cross Posted at: You Betcha I'm A Proud Army Mom! McBride Media Matters, God Bless America,

Trackback at Don Surber


3Comments:

Blogger Griz said...

I received an e-mail from Mr. Stokely in which he mentioned that he had sent you what you have posted and permitted me the honor of posting it myself. I hope that bloggers everywhere will post it. Maybe if enough of us to that, it might actually be printed in the Post. It is the least that they could do for Mike Stokely's dad.

Thank you Bob for your support of the military and and their parents.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Griz, I may be retired, but they are still my brothers.

I want to see the press printing both sides of the story, and mostly I want Robert to know that many of us feel that his son's ultimate sacrifice was appreciated, and felt.

I don't feel it was a waste, and I'm honored he's shared his thoughts with me.

9:59 PM  
Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Well I sent the post a letter. Not sure what good it will do, but with any luck it will do some good. I know that if something happened to Rob I would want people to know that he didn't waste his life. So yea, thanks for showing me all this.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home