/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Was It Really An Execution?

We've all heard the story about Clarence Ray Allen, the 76 year old inmate who was executed in California this morning. Now someone wonders if we've used the wrong term to describe what was done. Read "DaddysGirl's" take on it.

And the "Chitown Packer Backer" has an interesting post up about the proposed new World Health Organization Symbol for choking.

(Honestly, I didn't put these links up because I happen to be responsible for the impregnation of their mother.)

7Comments:

Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Cute dad real cute...are you sure thats not the reason for putting them up? lol

9:29 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Bob, I love the way you two talk to each other. Refreshing. I linked Daddy's Girl. It will be interesting to find out what her "issues" are, according to you. :-) I'll check out the other pup as soon as I have a free second. No child of yours should be an insignificant microbe for long. *Laughing*

6:19 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I like what one of the murdered girl's relatives said: "He's too old to be executed? Well, Josephine [one of his victims] was too young."

She was 17.

(Again, I think we'd be better off without the DP, but still...)

10:01 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

It should have been the Detroit Lions' symbol instead of the Chicago Bears. The Lions choke every time they see a football.

What do the Detroit Lions have in common with Billy Graham?

They have stadiums full of people closing their eyes and going "Oh My God!!"

2:19 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Robert Heinlein in the book Starship Troopers (not to be confused with the movie) equated executions and euthanasia. They are dangerously insane (and if they truly regain sanity, they would have to commit suicide to get over the guilt) and it is merciful to society to get rid of them.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Daddy's Girl- Yes I'm sure, Since I won't be home this weekend I don't have to "protect possibilities".

LP - They were taught obnoxious, rude, respectful and considerate, and when the appropriate time is for each. I wanted well rounded kids.

Shoprat- I think they were going to use the Lion's logo for where ever they place portable defibrulators, since someone needs to get the teams heart started.

And unfortunately I never read that book. I figured the shower scene wouldn't be as good as the movies. That may have been the movies only redeeming quality.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Paula, you are right on, even before he went to jail he had a chance at a pretty full life. She had no chance at even starting one of her own.

As for the penalty itself, that's a whole different debate.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home