/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, February 06, 2006

Super? Bowl

I watched (most) of the Super Bowl last night. What I didn't see on TV I caught on the radio driving home from the airport. My big observation, it won't go down in Super Bowl lore as one of the great games ever.

Speaking of the radio broadcast, would someone tell Westwood One that Boomer Esiason was fired by ABC for a reason, he's horrible. Sorry Boomer, but no 3rd down in the 1st quarter, with the score tied at zero is "pivotal", ever.

Jerramy Stevens of Seattle gets the "Goat of the Game" award. After all his trash talk last week about ruining Jerome Bettis' homecoming he dropped four passes, 3 of them which would have been first downs. Kicker Chris Brown could have won that award for his two misses, but Steven's saved him.

Mike Wilbon has some thoughts about the game and halftime show. I don't agree it should have been "Motown" themed, since the NFL has done that to death even when the game wasn't in Detroit. However, they could have gotten someone closer to the age of the fans and players than their parents for the half time show.

The highlight of the game over the last dozen years has been the commericals, and I wasn't impressed by them this year. Granted, I missed a quarter and a half of them, so I won't do my own top ten list, but here's one for you.

My normally scheduled political and socio-economic discourse will return this evening.

2Comments:

Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Thanks for the summary CP, now I do not feel as bad about missing most of it. I accidently went to sleep (due to not sleeping well lately) during the 1st quarter. I woke up at the end. Missed all the so called goodies.

I can't remember ever missing a Superbowl. Prior to 9/11 they were scheduled the last wk of Jan and it always ended up on or around my b'day. So of course it was part of my celebration. I am old enough to remember prior to 40 yrs of Superbowls...before they existed. Oh wow, that makes me feel old.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Suzie, you didn't miss much :)

Ascan, the Stones were horrible I thought I had the sound on my TV set configured wrong they were so bad. After adjusting it half way through the first tune I realized it was them, not me.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home