/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Too Funny Not To Share

I've tried to stay out of the "Muslim Cartoon" flap for the most part, enough of the blogging world has been hitting it. But then I came across a link to a great article written by Ann Coulter today "Calvin and Hobbes -- And Mohammed". (h/t Charlie Sykes)

Now, as a fairly conservative person, I know this is something that could get me in trouble, but I'll admit, I don't regularly read Coulter. I generally find her obnoxious and over the top, a trait I hate in liberals, so in fairness I should in conservatives too.

However, her take on Islam and the cartoons is a riot, and very much on point with quotes like this:


In order to express their displeasure with the idea that Muslims are violent, thousands of Muslims around the world engaged in rioting, arson, mob savagery, flag-burning, murder and mayhem, among other peaceful acts of nonviolence.
It's a pretty good summary, as is this:


Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back.

The little darlings brandish placards with typical Religion of Peace slogans, such as: "Behead Those Who Insult Islam," "Europe, you will pay, extermination is on the way" and "Butcher those who mock Islam." They warn Europe of their own impending 9/11 with signs that say: "Europe: Your 9/11 will come" -- which is ironic, because they almost had me convinced the Jews were behind the 9/11 attack.
Ann is right on in this article, and makes some good points about other religions, read the whole thing and get a good belly laugh for tonight.

For non-laughs, and some good reading on Islam, go visit Lone Pony, who has 4 posts up on the "religion".

Technorati Tags: and ,

7Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

Now that made my night! Thanks for the laugh CP! I really love to listen to Coulter. I like to watch her on TV too. I've always been too easy going, so I'm taking lessons from her. ;-)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

great great post!! ann coulter rocks!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Glad you guys liked it.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I love Ann Coulter but I was almost scared before reading the column to see how far she would go but she did a great job as always. No political correctness in her columns.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I read all of Ann Coulter's columns. I love them because she has a way of being hilarious and slightly outrageous while still making darn good points.
Go Ann! :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Uber said...

Yeah I agree that Ann is over the top, but my God she makes me have to laugh. ;)

Anyhow, so busy blogging I've missed this one so thanks, I shall prepare to laugh...judging by the comments here.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Uber- Judge me, please judge me :) Glad you got your giggles.

Rebekah- She does make good points. And I will say, unlike Maureen Dowd, she doesn't whine about being attacked, or ignored, she fights back.

LMC - I figured she'd have gone a little farther myself. I was surprised by the self restraint she showed.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home