/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Why The Net Is Dangerous

I ran across this article in the Post this morning, about a Baltimore woman who was found dead after going missing in December.

She met a guy on MySpace, hooked up for a date, and disappeared. She was found yesterday along a freeway in Maryland.

In case you have forgotten that lesson from your childhood, "Don't get in cars with strangers" the above article is a good reminder. While you may feel like you "know someone" you met on the internet, you don't. You know the persona they portray on the internet.

Just a reminder, the world isn't always as nice a place as we'd like to believe.

Technorati Tags: , and , , and

6Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

A good reason to stay away from Yahoo personals, but then my younger brother met his fiancee' that way. You do have to be very careful. Common Sense rules like meeting the first few times in a very public place help keep you safe.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

It's a good message, but also for any date/meeting, not just via the internet. Women shouldn't be lulled into thinking some guy their cousin's coworker knows is somehow safer on a blind date.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Uber said...

So many act as if meeting some stranger from the internet (where it is much easier to fool someone) is no big deal, it's scary. I don't get it.

Good reminder CP.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

There's no reason you can't meet someone online. Just, as most every here has pointed out, be safe about it.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I heard about this too on Fox News. My daughter does that my space (just started it) and a relative that is a teenager. It sure is scary....all the info that young people reveal on that site as reported is being looked at by Lord knows who. Glad you posted about this.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Greta, especially avoid the guy who's picture is on the upper right corner of my blog. I've heard rumors about him :)

Suzie, all you can do is keep an eye on them, and hope you taught them well.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home