/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, April 07, 2006

Lighter Fare

(updated)
Corie mentioned that my last post was a little bit depressing for a Friday, so I thought I'd toss up some lighter fare and linky love this evening.

First off, I did something today that I've never done before. I bought a lottery ticket with the numbers from a fortune cookie. Why? Well, as I've mentioned lately, the Lovely Wife visited me here in Virginia recently, and that I'll be moving back to Zion soon.

Anyway, today I got the start date for my new job, and Monday I'll be turning in my notice with the current employer. So I go to dinner tonight at a local chinese joint, and when I read my fortune it says "You and Your Wife Will Be Happy In Your Life Together". I figured if that's my fortune, I should probably be playing the lotto numbers on there, too.

The only question is if I don't win the lottery should I wonder about the fortune?????

Here's some stuff to read tonight:

Common Freaking Sense, check out my little brothers blog, leave him a comment, and tell him to get a blog roll and site meter :) Truly, his rant on Debra LaFave, the teacher who was doing the dirty with 14 year old students is a riot.

Bear Creek Ledger has results up from a Rassmussen poll on illegal immigration. Probably a good thing that bill died in congress today, by the looks of the poll.

Common Folk Using Common Sense wonders if a bird in his yard needs some prozac. Wish his daughter well, also.

You Betcha I'm A Proud Army Mom links to Fred "the anti-christ" Phelps less than warm reception at Walter Reed Hospital. I hope Fred has RSVP'd his invitation to hell, he's not any type of christian I've ever met.

Potfry has up an interesting US counter to the new Iranian underwater missiles. It's a riot. (h/t to Euphoric Reality)

Bos'n Locker has a great editorial piece up about the immigration broohaha. It would be funny if it wasn't true.

Finally, a word about beer, I mentioned a month or so back my new favorite, "Mississippi Mud" Black and Tan. Well, I finally read the bottle, it's brewed by Mississippi Brewing, in New York. WTF???

If you think you can handle it, here's a link to the funniest, and rudest beer label around, Stone Brewing's "Arrogant Bastard Ale". Don't visit if you are a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny.

Enjoy the reading, have a great weekend, I'll probably be back to my serious, ranting self tomorrow.

Tracked back at Blue Star Chronicles.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

5Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

I once dreamed that I won the lotto and clearly remembered the numbers I won with when I woke up. They still haven't won anything for me yet.

10:47 PM  
Blogger The GTLā„¢ said...

It was a good thing the bill died... I want REAL reform and REAL border protection, and a REAL American middle class again, brother.

And now these spoiled bastards are taking two weeks off after playing "smoke and mirrors" with the illegal aliens issue. I will not forget.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

CP's Wife, good cause I didn't win the lotto.

Shoprat, I'll keep that in mind and scrap these :)

GTL, gotta love congress. We didn't get anything done, so lets go on vacation. God I need a job like that!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Corie said...

Awe gee...I'm flattered! A post just for me. ;) Thanks, I enjoyed it.

That's one heck of a fortune you got. It would have been crazy for you not to buy a lottery ticket just to test your luck a little further.

Looks like things are going very well for your family. Glad to hear about the new job back home. Congratulations!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Corie, unfortunately the ticket wasn't worth the $$ I spent on it, but that's okay. Glad you enjoyed the post, and thanks for the well wishes. I'm looking forward to the move back with the family.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home