/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Who's Number One?

Haven't seen this weeks New York Times best seller list yet, but on both Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com's lists Ann Coulter is in the top 5. In fact she's number 1 on Amazon's top 100 sellers and number 3 on Barnes and Noble.

I note this because she's getting so much bad press for her comments about the four 9/11 widows who are all the rage in liberal circles these days.

She is driving the left and media nuts, mostly because she has once again had the gaul to hit a group of their "moral authorities" upside the head. She's right to point out that these four widows have no more (or less) moral authority than any of the other thousands who lost someone on that day.

While I occasionally find Ann funny, and well informed, I also see her as the Howard Stern of the conservative movement. She's more a shock jock than true pundit. She say's outrageous things simply to see what kind of reaction she can get out of the left.

So what has all the news coverage, outrage, and vitrol spewed at her done? Well mostly sold tons of copies of her new book "Godless" and made her a bunch of money. Like a great shock jock, she's used her outrageous claims to earn quite a few bucks.

For a great read on Coulter, and the left's strategy of using grief as an unquestionable weapon, check out DafyDD at Big Lizard's article. (H/T Thunder Run)

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Excellent analogy. Coulter often has a decent initial point (as she did here), but then she goes on to her vicious spewage in order to create a buzz. After all, it's pretty much a no-brainer to say that these women have no more moral authority than anyone else who suffered a loss on 9/11. Coulter wouldn't get enough mileage from a tame statement like that and the girl wants to sell those books. Plus it's hypocritical cuz Coulter herself has profited from tragedy by leveraging it into her oh-so-amusing attacks on liberals in order to make money. Coulter has no more moral authority than any other American.

10:13 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

You can tell the truth without being offensive about it, but it wouldn't sell. Sadly, mere wisdom does not sell and to get a point acrossed and be heard you have to be offensive.

10:35 AM  
Blogger MDConservative said...

It is clear that she (Coulter) is more than willing to go on any show and take the shots.

But when they tried to get the windows on, no way. They wrote an op-ed I think, but will not debate her or appear. If you are right then you should be more than happy to come on and nail the other person.

Makes me wonder. In all honesty, I don't know if I would say she is going over the top. As said, if you just mention it no one will care about the problem. But light a fire to show it off and she got everyone talking about it. I wonder if the windows decided to sue her if the ACLU would send in the troops to defend Coulter's 1st amendment rights. Or will the ACLU sue HER for "hate-speech" or some garbage?

I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of the book.

PS- What marketing to plan to release “Godless” on 06/06/06!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I'm on Chp.2 :-)!! I will admit that I think in someways she wants to shock people but it is done to get a point across. When I did my post on her book Rebekah made a great comment that I put in my post. Ann's intention is to get your attention so you'll listen to her point. Would we choose to say it exactly the same way? NO but we're going to cheer her on for being brave enough to take the left on and make no apologies and not back down. It has to be burning them up inside that her books do so well. I hardly ever by a book hot off the presses but I do hers.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home