/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy Blogiversary To Me

No flowers, no candy, the great thing about it being MY blogiversary is that if I forget to get me a gift, I don't sleep on the couch or in the dog house because of it.

Yes, I've been back into blogging for a year, wow, can't believe it. This "blog" actually started as a website on an old ISP, and evolved, and rotted, there for a year or so, then just sat for two. (That page still exists, if you find it send me the URL, and the date last updated, and I'll see if I can't send you a prize.)

It was also on blogger for a few months, and again rotted after I burned out and lost interest.

Then, living alone and wondering how to kill time in Virginia, I decided to get back into regular posting, and over the last year have put up 650 posts.... Evidently I had plenty of time on my hands to kill for a good part of that year.

I've met some cool folks because of it, though, and been mentioned on CNN and in the New York Times and Washington Post, so I guess it's been good for the ego, if nothing else.

Hope those who regularly read stick around, I know posting has slowed down considerably since I moved back to Illinois, and started working a rather irregular schedule. But I'll be around don't worry.... Just won't be doing two posts a day as often.

Thanks for reading, and commenting, which is what keeps me interested.

Bob

PS, don't forget to Ask Basil questions for my interview.

Technorati Tags: , ,

9Comments:

Blogger juanitagf said...

Congratulations! And you're still a good read...

8:22 PM  
Blogger rachel said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I agree with jgf. As long as you're posting and it's a good read, I'll keep coming back.

9:17 PM  
Blogger ablur said...

Because of quality bloggers like yourself, I started my own. It's tough to fill a page with type working 50hrs a week and family and all. It does make for some great therapy though.

Thanks for all the effort. I will keep coming back.

10:46 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Hope you're still around for a few more years of good blogging.

congats

11:18 PM  
Blogger David M said...

Congratulations!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Happy Blogiversary Bob!!! I guess I'm like a barnacle now. You couldn't pry me off. You're a great read and I've learned a lot from you about politics and life in general. Keep up the great work. You're the best.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Congratulations!!!! When we all stay with it for this long, we've got a problem. At least CNN linked you, all I got was Wonkette and Pandagon; oh and that nasty itch 3 days later.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Happy Blogaversary! I'm coming up to three years myself. It's just amazing how we have so much more to say than we thought we did. ;) Funny, I just did a post about e-friendship and you're definitely one of the peeps who know how to have a civil disagreement. I'm glad to know ya, CP!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thank you all. I'm glad you, and your blogs, are around to keep me sane in a rather goofy world.

And Ted, I still have a copy of the Wildcat! software in my desk, though I think the old 286 and 386 the BBS ran on are buried in a landfill somewhere. Damn, I remember when I thought it was hi-tech when I did the animated ANSI pages for that :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home