/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Gone

Saddam Hussein was executed this morning, just months after his conviction. One appeals court, and swift justice, that's a concept that sounds pretty nice considering how long we support convicted killers on death row here in the states.

Also notice the Iraqi government wasn't worried that hanging might be a painful way for a killer to die. No army of lawyers arguing over the cruelty of hanging a man, just a quick execution.

Maybe we do have more to learn from Iraq and the Middle East than we think.

The only problem is that now he won't be tried for all of his other crimes against his people. But I'm pretty sure than many of them are celebrating, knowing that even without a trial, they received their justice last night.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

3Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

I still worry as I think about this line from the old song

Here's to the new boss
He's just like the old boss.


I hope it doesn't work out that way but it is too early to tell.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here, Shoprat. Why the HELL we helped put a pro-Iranian guy in there I'll never understand.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Paula, we didn't hold the election, they did, that's why they got the guy they did.

Shoprat, I'm sure time will tell, though at this point he seems 180 out from the old boss, almost too soft.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home