/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, October 21, 2005

Interesting Comment...

(re-edited portion in italics)
I was reading a story this morning in the Free Lance-Star about recruiting difficulties in the area for the Army.

One of the recruiters interviewed pointed out a little tidbit of info that probably won't make it into larger newspapers, or onto CNN anytime soon.

He was pointing out to the reporter, and does to students, that the media's 24 hour coverage of Iraq sometimes skews perspectives. His reasoning? Since 9/11 more military members have been killed driving their own cars than have been killed in combat! I haven't been able to confirm that statement, in fact I think it might be off. However, if you look at total off duty accidental deaths then the numbers are very close.

I doubt we'll see much about that statistic on the news channels or anywhere else, it sure makes the whole quagmire thing sound a little silly. Though if the moonbats catch on to it, they may decide folks in the military shouldn't be allowed to own cars, because it's too dangerous.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home