/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, October 27, 2005

NEXT!!!

Okay, now that Miers is history as the SCotUS nominee, who's next? I've said already that I'd like to see Janice Rogers Brown as the choice, but I wonder if she, like Priscilla Owen, hasn't told him no already, because they don't want to deal with the process. Rumor had it a few weeks ago that Miers got the nod because a number of higher rated candidates pulled their names. I'm sure that the Miers saga won't make any of them run up to GW and say "Hey, I'd like my name in the hat".

Now, this will hurt some folks, but the truth is, if the next nominee goes down in flames, the GOP has absolutely no one to blame but themselves. They shot themselves in the foot with this nomination, good or bad. By showing no unity whatsoever, they allowed Miers to go down like an anchor, with barely a peep from the left. In the past the GOP has done a pretty good job of making Democrats look like the obstructionists in the nominee process. Now they've basically killed any "home team" advantage the President had in this process.

While I've always hated the left being hijacked by their special interests, the fact that when it comes to court nominees it looks like the right has now fallen into the same trap with their own groups. Now the next nominee has to look both ways before crossing the nomination street, because the obstructionist bus could be coming from the left or the right.


0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home