/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Counter Point To the Rest of the Left

A few weeks ago I posted that I'd voted for Joe Lieberman as a write in in 2004, not George Bush. Today's WSJ has another reason why.... Read it here.

Thanks to Charlie Sykes for posting the column. Because it's in the Journal I'm sure a lot of lefties won't read it, but they should, since this is the guy they claim should be VP.

Here's a quick quote, I won't post the whole column, but check it out at Sykes place.

In the face of terrorist threats and escalating violence, eight million Iraqis voted for their interim national government in January, almost 10 million participated in the referendum on their new constitution in October, and even more than that are expected to vote in the elections for a full-term government on Dec. 15. Every time the 27 million Iraqis have been given the chance since Saddam was overthrown, they have voted for self-government and hope over the violence and hatred the 10,000 terrorists offer them. ...

None of these remarkable changes would have happened without the coalition forces led by the U.S. And, I am convinced, almost all of the progress in Iraq and throughout the Middle East will be lost if those forces are withdrawn faster than the Iraqi military is capable of securing the country.

And as another counter point to the majority of the left (or so it seems) Gov. Mark Warner of Va. has also rejected the timeline idea. He's got a great quote also, To set an arbitrary deadline or specific date is not appropriate," he said. "... It is incumbent on the president to set milestones for what he believes will be the conclusion." I've got $5.00 that you don't hear those words from Harry Reid or Ted Kennedy anytime soon.

The Fix has a run down on the Democrats split personality on this issue.

5Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Good post. Regarding Lieberman, I think he's getting fed up with the turn his party has taken. I agree with you! :)

Wish you'd take the smileys off of your eyes. Would like to see them!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I think Joe is too. His problem is he's almost too honest at times to be a politician.

As for the eyes, I'll see what I can do. Sometimes the smiley's stick pretty good though and are hard to remove.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Really great post. And the pic is better too.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks, and thanks. I prefer the screwy eyes, but gotta keep the lady posters like Gayle happy :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks, Crazy. I won't call you pc anymore, promise. And to make certain I don't invert accidentally (like I did when I called you "pc" [ooooh, shame on me] I'll just call you "crazy.)

You look much better this way! Truly you do. Actually, you resemble my husband so much it's a bit weird. Mustache, glasses, dark hair, same shaped head, and from what I can tell, right about the same weight. Husband is a bit older and the hair is grayer, but you will look almost exactly like him when you hit 65! You could do much, much worse! Thanks again! :)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home