/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, December 26, 2005

I'm A Travelin' Man

I'll be back on the road again today, heading from Zion Illinois back to Fredericksburg, Virginia. Unfortunately that means I'm going back to work too.

While it is only an 860 mile drive, since I'm doing it alone I take two days for the trip. The first is pretty boring, from Illinois to about Columbus, Ohio. Fairly flat, easy to make good time, but boring.

Thank goodness for cruise control, Indiana cops are no fun if you don't have boobs; and it's easy to speed in that state. My wife got out of a ticket there in July, and considering how fast she was driving, I can only think of 38 reasons why.

Tomorrow's part of the trip I like. The drive to Wheeling, WV, is also boring, but from there to Fredericksburg is a beautiful ride. Driving the Cumberland Gap on I-68 and then through the Shenandoah Valley on US-17 there is some great scenery. I'll remember to keep the camera up in the front of the car this time. On the way here I thought I had this great picture of ice covered trees everywhere for miles in West Virginia, except the camera was too cold to function.

So there won't be any more postings today or until late tomorrow night for that matter. Instead, I'll give you some newer blogs on the roll to read:

A Pilgrams Digression - Matthew is responsible for the "Comment to Column" post here a few weeks ago. A little more liberal than my normal reading, but an outstanding writer.

Cutting Edge of Ecstacy - Another conservative blogger. Found through Dane Bramage on the blogroll.

Iowa Hawk is a conservative and humorous blogger.

Mahndisa's Thoughts I used to think of her as a conservative blogger. The more I read the more I realize that categorizing her is unfair. She's a free thinker, which is something I hope to grow up to be one day.

Politechnical - Another conservative view blog. Well written stuff, check out his latest post on "Another Rove Leak".

Enjoy your trip through the Blogosphere, while I enjoy mine through the midwest and mid-Atlantic regions.

technorati tags: ,

7Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 26 05

CP: You have REALLLLLY honored me with your description of my site. Thank you VERRRRRY much:) We will be travelling too, to SoCal (Southern California). It is rainy and rather cold in the Valley where I live, but it will be over seventy degrees when we arive in San Diego! I cannot believe that you must travel today what the heck...???!!! But then, if you are making needed money, more power to you:) This is just a note to wish you and your familia a very Happy New year and a good rest of this one;) Take Care:)

7:18 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Enjoy your trip.

11:47 AM  
Blogger me said...

Travel safe!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Belated Merry Christmas. Just now finding a little free time to visit all of my blogs, since our son came home from Iraq on Saturday. This has been the very best Christmas ever at our house.

Safe travels.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

have a safe trip!! hope your holiday was vunderful, dahlink!

9:41 PM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i am bragging here, tampa to rochester:

21 hours.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

The trip was made safely. Got a little freezing rain at Dallas Pike, WV so I spent the night there. Drove through some icy roads in the Cumberland gap, I'll post a few pix later.

Of course no trip would be complete without one accident (not involving me). Spent an hour in traffic so people could stare at a couple of cars being loaded on the tow trucks. Wouldn't have bothered me if it had been more than 10 minutes from my final destination!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home