/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy 2006



Happy New Year Welcome to 2006

To all of my loyal (and any new) readers out there, I hope that 2006 is a very happy year for all of you. I'm not a New Years resolution kind of guy, because I never follow through on them. But that doesn't mean I don't have some things I'd like to see happen in 2006, and some things I'm going to try and accomplish in this new year. So here's my wish list and some goals for the new year.

1. I would love to see a peaceful, cooperative resolution to the nuclear issues with Iran and North Korea. I don't hold a lot of hope for it, but I'd love to see it.

2. I'd like to see the mainstream media start acknowledging good things in the world, not just bad. To that end, I don't want to turn on the news and see another airplane with a problem as it circles the airport. It looks like the news channels are on a death watch when they do that.

3. I'd love to see American's realize we aren't red and blue, the news calls us that. We are all kinds of different people, and two general classifications don't work.

4. I would like to see Dr. Z from Sports Illustrated, The Baldwins, and all the other folks who've promised to move out of the US because George Bush won elections make good on their promises. I e-mailed Dr. Z about 5 times after the election and asked if he'd found his house in New Zealand yet. He doesn't answer.

5. I want to spend more time with my family, both wife and kids, and brothers and parents. Hopefully I find some work in that end of the country fairly soon. Otherwise it's more airline tickets, and I'm tired of airports.

6. I'd like to see Chevy, Ford or Chrysler come out with a hybrid car that makes people want to buy it. Scratch that hybrid up there.... ANY CAR! I'd love to see the US back at the forefront of the auto industry, but sadly, we are on the bottom of it. I now own 3 of the Korean cars I used to laugh at, because the US cars just aren't as good, as cheap, or as well covered. I'm sad about that

7. I'd like people to forget about skin color, racial orgins, etc, and treat each other the way they'd like to be treated. The golden rule does work, but too few remember what it is. (Hint: It isn't 'Do unto others, then split')

8. Finally, I guess I will make a resolution. I WILL learn at least two of the songs out of the book my daughter bought me for Christmas before I move back to Illinois. No matter how much it makes my fingers hurt. To all, a happy, safe, and prosperous New Year.

9Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Yo, very best wishes for 2006 also! To your readers of good will too.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Happy New Year, CP!

I resolve to put the laundry away today! (Best to start small.)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I'm ahead of you Paula, I already put mine away today. And cleaned the kitchen, took out the trash, and blogged.... Too much ambition for one day. Now I'll watch football :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Peakah said...

Let the bowl championship series begin... (apparently tomorrow)

Very well written site senior loco politico! Saw your comment over at wyatt's site and stopped by.

Consider yo'self a brothah from anothah mothah!

How you can stand to cruise Kos's site? I can't fathom doing it myself so I'll allow you to do the dirty work! Great posts!

Happy New Year to ya!
Keep up the good work!

12:43 PM  
Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Happy new year daddy. You're right on the things that would be nice if they'd happen. Don't forget, I'm the only one left in the house with an american car. And thats the POS of the household. Doesn't that just suck? YAY you're gonna learn songs. I have one request, learn Heaven.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Peakah- Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the new visitors, hope to see you often.

Daddys Girl- Heaven is on the list, since it's probably the easiest of 17 very tough songs in the book. I may need to get a 6th finger surgically attached to my left hand.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

happy new year's, crazy!!

what, you no likey Ford Taurus? We've had a Taurus for years - never been to the shop except for oil changes....can't complain!!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Thanks for writing good posts and thanks for being a loyal commenter on my blog. I always appreciate your insight, wisdom and the great stories you have from your experiences. Have a very Happy New Year!!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Dawn, nope, no taurus' for me. Had enough problems with my mother in law's that I was turned off by them.

LMC-Thanks very much. So far it's been a pretty good year, hopefully it keeps up.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home