/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

So How Did I Turn My Ankle

I came home from work sick today. I hate not feeling good, and I hate it even worse when it causes me to miss work. But, I have 3 solid days of standing in front of a class coming up, so I figured better to go home, and get better since no one is available this week to cover for me.

To make this a worse time, I have a job interview (over the phone) at 5 this afternoon. So I can't take anything that will make me drowsy or I may not hear the phone ring. So I picked up some Tylenol Cold and Flu stuff, came home from work, ate something light and took some drugs.

Then I laid down for about an hour before the sinus stuff had me too jittery to sleep, so I decided to do something useful, and practice my guitar.

I figured nothing better to make me forget about my sinus headache, upset stomach, and just YUCK feeling than playing double octave scales for a little while.

(By now you are wondering about the title of this post, aren't you?)

So anyway, out to the music area I went (pictured to the left), picked up the Hamer on the left, tuned up, and started playing my scales like a good little student.

You see that music book on the floor? I tripped over it. That's right folks, I turned my ankle by tripping over some CHORDS!

Was that a horribly long set up for a terribly bad joke? Too bad, I only promised occasional humor on my blog, not "Good Humor" because that'll drive your cholesterol up.

Technorati Tags: , ,

14Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

:-))))))))))))

4:55 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Har. I should go home--I have a migraine. But instead I'm dutifully blogsurfing. You know what I loved? Those GH bars with the hunk of fudge in the middle. I don't think they make those anymore. Sad.

Hope the interview went well!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

LOLOL!
:D

8:11 PM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i would love to tell you that i broke my right tib and fib in a parasailing accident over a mountain lake in peru, but i tripped over a laundry basket in a dark hallway. don't feel so bad.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Glad everyone got the joke.

Paula - I can still buy them here in Va, and in Illinios, maybe they just took them off the market on the left coast. And the interview went very well as far as I could tell. Will know more the end of the week.

Rev... I've had a few other odd injuries, and usually wish I could blame them on Peruvian fish.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

CP, funny but not. Ice for the first 24 hours, heat after that. More vitamin C. Hope the interview went well.

9:58 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I once got tangled up in my paint line (the rubber tubing that feeds paint to my gun)at work and fell into the part I was supposed to be painting. My boss just laughed at me.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

LP- It's actually fine now. Didn't do any damage, just a little tweak.
The interview went quite well, I thought. Find out more today or tomorrow.

SR- I hate it when stuff like that happens, with witnesses :)

3:42 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

tripping over some CHORDS....

lol! that actually is pretty damn funny... :)

sorry about your ankle though.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I hope everything is ok with your ankle.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Uber said...

Ew, with witnesses isn't good. Now without witnesses, a simple tripping over chords could have been embellished to injured doing battle with a king sized rodent who came to take over the home, or something. lol

Hope you're felling better. :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jeff H said...

Are you accusing me of driving people's cholesterol up?

I can sympathize with the ankle woes. My *&^% heel spur continues to act up.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks all. The ankle is fine, was able to stand for 5 hours teaching this afternoon, so I should live.

Dawn- I figured you'd get that one. Usually that tripping only happens with my fingers.


Uber, my luck it would be that rat that set fire to the guys house a few weeks ago.

Jeff - No, that definitely wasn't aimed at you :)

5:21 PM  
Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Haha, nice job daddy! you're not supposed to trip over christmas presents. but i am happy that you're able to play the opening riff of "Heaven"

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home