/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, May 08, 2006

How To Drive A Geek Nuts

Okay, it's not fair. I start the new job today, which includes lots of nice perks; company car, credit card, company provided tools, good hotels, all the stuff you could want.

Included in the package is a very nice, brand new $2000 laptop which arrived on Friday. It would be great but for one thing. The company pre-configured it, set up all the accounts, and didn't include a password to log in.

So, if you want to drive a geek nuts, send them a P4M laptop, with DVD-R/RW, 2 gigs of RAM, 120 meg hard drive, and other bells and whistles.... Then lock it up so the can't play with it!

ARGHHH!!!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

9Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Is that like putting him in a round room and telling him to piss in the corner?

8:38 AM  
Blogger rachel said...

Watch, you'll finally get the password and then find out you have no local admin rights...

10:30 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

LOL! Congrats on the new job. :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Tim, No, you do that to blondes. Geeks pull out a slide rule, 2 legal pads, a pen and figure out how to make a corner in a circle.

Rachel. Got the password, and do have local rights, which is nice. However, they won't service the machine if you add any software to it. URGHHHH

Paula, thanks for the congrats, finally got the password, and the machine does work quite nicely.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Oooooo...does it have one of those cool little laser ports that you just aim at the printer and it prints???

6:36 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Yes LP, it does have an IR port... Of course none of my printers are IR enabled, so it doesn't really matter.

I may check and see if I can get it to hook up to my PDA though.

6:49 PM  
Blogger rachel said...

However, they won't service the machine if you add any software to it.

My policy about that is a little different: if I find Weatherbug on a user's machine, I replace their computer with an Etch-A-Sketch.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Rachel, I love that idea! I think if the computer wasn't also the test equipment the company would probably do the same thing.

7:54 PM  
Blogger me said...

Congrats on the job! Hope you've "broken in" your new toy by now!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home