/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Steel Toed Sneakers

Yeah, you read headline right. I had to go shopping for some steel toed shoes last night, some customer sites require them. While I'm running through Rogan Shoes in Kenosha, Wi. I see dozens of styles of steel toed sneakers and cowboy boots. BTW, if you live in this area, and need shoes, they are THE place. I've gotten $100 dollar golf shoes for $35, and my steel toes (MSRP $149) for $68.

Maybe I'm just a rube from the country, but when the hell did Sketchers and Caterpillar start making sneakers with steel toes? And where are they appropriate footwear? I would have loved to gotten some, but have to look semi-professional in most of the places the company sends me to work.

Can the UAW guys who read this wear those at work?

3Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

We are supposed to wear them where I work but no one does. (It's a situation where the safety hazard that they protect you from does not exist in our plant but the rules still apply.)

I think maybe the maintainance workers wear them, but everyone else wears sneakers.

11:24 AM  
Blogger ablur said...

We are required to wear steel toed shoes at work and the ladies tend toward the sneakers and the men the boots. Nice to have some variety, I can remember when they only came in ugly black.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I also remember when black, or and uglier brown were the only colors. Now I can get sneakers, cowboy boots, even Florsheim wingtips with a steel toe!

I'm not required to wear them daily, however, after a few days of lifting the equipmnet cases for our calibration gear, I decided they aren't a bad idea.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home